Maps of Arkansas
Found in the Map Rack in library:
- 1774 Map of Arkansas and Louisiana by the French 1765, 1820, 1833, 1834,
1836, 1841, 1844, 1850, 1855, 1870, 1873,1883, 1903,1930.
- County maps with township, range and section numbers: Baxter, Cleburne,
Fulton, Independence, Izard, Jackson, Marion, Poinsett, Sharp, Stone, White,
- Map of Heber Springs (Sugar Loaf) and additions, 1909
- Independence County school districts, 1936
- Roads, Trails, Traces and Historical Places
- Indian Trail map compiled by Sam Leath
- Native American Tribes in U.S.
- Map of the Civil War and Discovery Trail with statistics
- Indian Territory, 1891
- White River, (sheets 2-4) Beaver Dam Bar to Deane Mountain, 1899
Maps in vault map case
Arkansas and neighboring states
- 1833 Map of North America: Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama,
Mississippi, and Arkansas
- Map of Louisiana, Mississippi and Arkansas, 1850
- Arkansas map,1808 and list of cities, towns and counties.
- Arkansas, 1897, using 1890 data
- Map of Missssippi, Louisiana, Arkansas in early 1820s; shows lands of Cherokee,
Osage, Chocktaw, Piankashaws.
- Survey Map of Arkansas, 1855, with field notes, boundary for Cherokee and
- Louisiana and parts of Arkansas, 1835
- Louisiana, Mississippi, Arkansas, 1860
- Arkansas, 1850
- Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas, not dated, but after 1860
- Louisiana, Mississippi and Arkansas, 1864
- Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas, 1858
- Missouri and Arkansas, 1867
- Parts of Louisiana, southern Arkansas, Mississippi, Alabama and Florida,
- Arkansas and portion of Indian Territory, 1870
- Louisiana, Alabama, Mississippi and part of Tennessee, 1820 titled Partie
Des Etats Unis
- Missouri and Arkansas Territories, 1821.
- Arkansas, 1914
- Memphis TN and 10 Arkansas counties, 1956
- Missouri and Territory of Arkansas, 1826
- Arkansas 1835, 1836, 1842, 1846
- Arkansas Territory 1823, showing the Cherokee line and Choctaw boundary
- Arkansas Territory 1825, written in French
- Arkansas 1842, showing 5 districts: Fayetteville, Red River, White
River, and Helena
- Junior Auto road map of Arkansas, 1920
- Geographical, Statistical and Historical Map of Arkansas Territory, 1825
- Colton's pocket map of Arkansas, 1855
- Batesville AR, 1910-20 on treated cloth, showing additions
- Batesville AR, Old Town with additions through 1944, streets renamed
- City of Batesville, 1944, made of oil cloth
- Map of Batesville, 1965 showing residential and commercial districts.
- Batesville AR Special School District # 1, 1925, showing I.O.O.F. Home,
Pfeiffer Stone Company, Oaklawn Cemetery
- Complete set of Batesville Sanborn Insurance Maps, 1886, 1892, 1897, 1901,
1908, 1914, 1923, 1930
- Cartooned map of Batesville, AR, 1990s, showing business locations
- U.S. Geological Survey map, Batesville, AR sheet, 1891, reprinted 1942
- Sanborn Plat Map of Batesville, 1930 with overlay of 1960 changes (original:
- Five maps of Batesville and Independence County, 1976-1990's
- Sanborn Plat maps: 1886, 1892, 1897, 1901, 1908, 1914, 1923, 1930
- Old Town Batesville, 1820's
- Independence County Townships 12 and 13 between Sulphur Rock and Newark
- Independence County, AR School District Plats on township maps
- Boundary line between Desha School District #45 and Southside School District
# 3 in Independence County, no date.
- Plat of early Jamestown AR, showing meeting house and grave yard, other
- Original plat of Oil Trough AR, 1904
- Land owners in Independence County, AR, 1950s, 1975, 1996
- Early survey maps of Independence County, 1817 1859, (79) including some
in Jackson, Stone, Sharp, Izard, Cleburne counties.
- Aerial maps of Independence County in 2002, corresponding to 2008 Plat
Book of Owners in library, plus many in 1968.
- Large land ownership map of Independence County, 1902 (wall mounted in
Other Arkansas Counties
- Map of Heber Springs, 1909, Cleburne Co.
- Blueprint map of land sections near Elmo AR owned by V.Y. Cook
- Survey plat and field notes for town of Davidsonville, 1818, Lawrence County
- Four township maps in Jackson, Independence and Lawrence counties, T15N, R1 and 2W attached to dowel.
- Mt. Olive AR, 1900, showing wagon roads, railroads and many structure locations,
- Cove-Kendall Cemetery in Cleburne Co. Contains graves removed from other
cemeteries when Greers Ferry Lake covered them
- Izard County cemetery map
- Melbourne, AR
- Mountain View, AR
- Izard County Map: Native American in White River Valley
- Railroads in Arkansas, 1895
- New Railroad and Townships of Arkansas, 1898
- Morning Star Railroad Company running from Memphis to Newport to Yellville.
- Arkansas railroads in 1895
- New Railroad and Township map of Arkansas, showing judicial and congressional districts and railroads, 1895.
- St. Louis and Iron Mountain Railway property ownership in northern Independence County, 1880-1936.
- Southern Railway for 1893, showing rail line and lines deeded and sold
- Independence County and the land grant of Iron Mountain Southern Railway, 1893, mounted on cloth and hand signed
- Garden and Orchard of the Southwest, Map of Arkansas issued by Iron Mountain Railway (with map folded into small cover)
- Missouri Pacific RR station map right of way, tracks and structure, Batesville AR, 1915
- Arkansas Road map, 1939
- Map of the U.S. domestic airmail transportation system, 1955
- Arkansas Highway map, 1964
- Trail of Tears (The Removal) route maps, showing the water route, Bells route, the northern route, Hildebrands route and Benges route.
- Upper White River, sheet 5, survey for locks and dams, shows Betsy Gil Island.
- White River , sheet # 20 from Beaver Shoal to Rolling Shoal
- White River, sheet # 21 Kendall Shoal to Elmo landing, 1888
- Indians of North America
- 1950 Batesville District Manganese Map, mineral locations
- 1940 Geologic Map of Batesville District, listing mines by name and mineral in Sharp, Independence, Izard, Stone counties.
- Set of 16 computer-generated print maps of archeological sites
- U.S. Map of Free and Slave-holding states and the Territories of the Union, 1862.
- Seat of the Civil War in southern Missouri, northern Arkansas, and Western Kentucky and Tennessee, with localities of recent battles and military positions,
- Key Point Civil Air Defense Warning Centers, 1953
- Water Resources: White River Planning and Development District, 1972
- Urbanization: White River Planning and Development District, 1972
- Population: White River Planning and Development District, 1972
- ServicesandCommunity-forming Activities: White River Planning
and Development District, 1972
- Public Land Survey Systems of U.S.
- Civil War in the U.S. 1861-65, color coded for North and South
- Civil War skirmishes: Morgan's Mill & Martin Creek battles