items in our collections
A commemorative plate made of dark blue glass is featured in this photo. The plate is smooth on top with photos and words etched into the bottom. The words “Tippecanoe, Fort Meigs, and W.m.H. Harrison” are etched into the glass. A picture of a log cabin is in the center of the plate. This plate … Continue reading
A photo showing the interior of the City Drug Store on Main Street of Batesville that was taken in the 1940s. In the back you can see the window for prescriptions. Large advertisements for Pangburn’s candies, Squibb vitamins, Listerine, Ponds Cold Cream can be seen in the photo. The proprietor of the store was William … Continue reading
This is an analytical balance scale used in the 1920s for weighing small amounts of chemicals in the Arkansas Lime business. It is a Christian Becker analytical balance, in a wood and glass case that stands 19 inches tall by 16 inches wide and 9 inches deep. In the drawer underneath the sale there are … Continue reading
A Hemingray-42 telegraph insulator made of aqua colored glass. This particular type of insulator was used from 1921 until the 1950s. It has round drip points, a double petticoat and a long smooth leakage path on the inner petticoat. It sits close to the cross-arm, giving the pin protection against rain slash. Hemingray company founded … Continue reading
A photo of Flavel L. Green taken around 1960. Mr. Green was a veteran Batesville policeman and is shown in uniform standing in front of a building. This photo is part of the Powell-Guard Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.