A Hemingray-42 telegraph insulator made of aqua colored glass. This particular type of insulator was used from 1921 until the 1950s. It has round drip points, a double petticoat and a long smooth leakage path on the inner petticoat. It sits close to the cross-arm, giving the pin protection against rain slash. Hemingray company founded in 1848 became one of the earliest and most prolific insulator manufactures. This artifact is part of the Bryant Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.