A commemorative plate made of dark blue glass is featured in this photo. The plate is smooth on top with photos and words etched into the bottom. The words “Tippecanoe, Fort Meigs, and W.m.H. Harrison” are etched into the glass. A picture of a log cabin is in the center of the plate. This plate was made 1900-1925 and was a reproduction of the 1840 Sandwich Glass Cup Plate from the 15 plate “log cabin” series which commemorated Harrison’s defense of Fort Meigs and the Battle of the Thames in 1813 and the Battle of Tippecanoe in Indiana in 1812. The donor’s ancestor, the Reverend George Gill of Batesville served under William H. Harrison in the battle of Tippecanoe. This object is part of the Wright Collection at Old Independence Regional Museum.