The building that houses the museum was constructed by the WPA in 1936 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. It has been restored, and opened as a museum in 1998. Its interior architecture is expansive and modern. Its exhibits are interpretive and educational.
The museum is open Tues – Sat. 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
and on designated Sundays –only for programs at 2 p.m.
Closed Mondays, legal holidays, and Easter.
|Archival Research only||$2|
Group rates are available for groups of ten or more with a reservation. Specialized group tours and group workshops are available with reservations but additional fees may apply. Call for more information.
School Tours: Schools are encouraged to book tours, the average length of which is one hour and fifteen minutes. Call for more information.
Staff does not have time to do genealogical research on line.